Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Keeping it Easy













We haven't been up to much lately. Skylr and I have both had Dr. Appointments in the last week, we are both very healthy. Skylr is 17.9 lbs and 26 in. long. She has been doing extremely well being introduced to new foods, so far she has tried apple sauce, red potatoes from my grandparents garden, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and carrots from our garden. She seems to love them all, but likes her butternut squash the best...she even prefers it over apple sauce. That makes it way easy for me, her next food introduction is pears. My mom and I have picked apples from the orchard so that we can make apple sauce for both of our food storage's, but I wont be adding any sugar to mine so that I can give it to Skylr. It should be pretty interesting for the next couple of Saturdays, neither my mom nor I have made apple sauce and my grandma wont be there to help, I am sure we can manage. But then again you know what they say...one girl is a girl, two girls is a half a girl and three girls is no girl at all. We are going to be doing this as half a girl...lol. I also got a few pumpkins for Tim and Craig to carve while they watch Skylr so that my mom and i can work on canning. I got an extra pumpkin so that i can make my first pumpkin pie completely from scratch. I got a recipe that i like and i already know how to make my grandmas flaky pie crust, so i am way excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas to try out my pies. Next year my mom and i have decided that we will get together and start canning and drying earlier in the summer so that we can get more stuff..peaches, grapes, pears, pie filling apples, apples (for apple sauce), & apricots so we can make jams and jelly's and to dry and can. I will also make more pumpkin pie filling if i enjoy making it. I can't wait to try it out...i will let ya know how everything turns out. Oh...i started a blog for my parents, i have the link, you should check it out.


It is starting to act like fall so we are all bundling up more, Skylr hates it, but she looks so cute in her jacket, vest and beanie. She stays plenty warm when we go places becuase i put her in the sling, she uses my body heat...i stay nice and warm for that matter. Last week my grandma helped me pick out some fabric so that i could make slings. It was very easy, i was able to make two slings out ot 5 and a quarter yards of fabric. They turned out very nice and i enjoyed making them. Tim and i have also been on over drive building our food storage, we have established it well enough to just add a little at a time now. you should see all the cans of formula in our pantry, goodness it looks like we have quintes...lol. It does feel really good to have food storage though, we can't wait for my parents house to be built so that they can get all there stuff our of our house/garage. we will have so much space for all of our food storage, especially when my mom and i can next year.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Autney your baby is so adorable! We loved the pictures! Shawn and Julie

background